![]() |
| Brian Eno "Another Green World" CD Cover |
When I was studying Art and Design at Secondary school I did
several artist researches which were involved with my projects. While
doing one project I came across the cover for a CD “Another Green World” Brian Eno's
third album and I was fascinated with how simple shapes
and colours when combined could represent something without having
a lot of detail. The colours used in the image are simple and have no blending
to show lighter or darker areas, but in its simplicity it has an effect which
draws your attention to the image.
The people and environment in the image have been done also in a simple way, just using simple shapes like arched semi circles as hands the people’s faces have no detail. This showed me that it doesn't take high detailed images to get attention. This inspired me to try and create simple yet creative work and through my Graphic work I have started to simplify the detail that goes into it and have found that with certain image types that simple shape / colour will have more effect than what a highly detailed image would.

No comments:
Post a Comment